Original No-Bake Dirt Pie With Worms
- 1⁄4 cup butter, room temperature
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 (3 1/2 ounce) packagesjello instant vanilla pudding
- 3 1⁄2 cups milk (skim works fine)
- 12 ounces Cool Whip, thawed
- 20 ounces Oreo cookies, crushed finely
- 20 candy gummy worms (optional)
Mix butter, cream cheese and sugar in bowl and set aside. In separate bowl, mix milk and pudding. Fold in Cool Whip. Combine the two bowls gently by folding until combined completely.
You can layer in individual bowls or in one large 12" pan. Start with a layer of 1/2 of the cookies on the bottom, layer mixture in middle and top with remaining cookies. Top with candy gummy worms. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving.